News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

odds and ends, Jordanian fort, Parthia / Rome, Iranian items

Started by evilgong, May 13, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilgong

Hi there

Some items of possible interest from the Academia.edu Weekly Digest [noreply@academia-mail.com]

I have no idea if people can easily access these or already know about them.

I'll stop posting these if this is a nuisance.

Regards

David F Brown

>>>>>>>>>>

TOP PAPERS FROM YOUR NEWSFEED

Lorenzo Nigro
Sapienza University of Rome - Italy, Dip. Istituto Italiano di Studi Orientali, Faculty Member 
JAMAAN AT THE PASS OF BI'REIN AN IRON AGE IIB-C AMMONITE STRONGHOLD IN CENTRAL JORDAN

In years 2015-2016 the Zarqa Directorate of the Department of Antiquities of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan carried out a rescue excavation at the site of Jamaan, an Iron Age IIB-C Ammonite stronghold 16 Km north of 'Amman. The site survey and limited soundings allow to plot a plan of the structure, comprising an outer enclosure with a casemate wall, two cisterns, and a square podium tower, and to collect ceramic material dating from Iron Age IIB-C (c. 840-580 BC), as well as the head of a soft limestone statue, possibly depicting a local chief or an official. The latter adds to the...

Download Bookmark

David L Kennedy
Bookmarked by John MacGinnis 

Parthian Regiments in the Roman army

Download Bookmark

Leonardo Gregoratti
Durham University, Classics and Ancient History, Post-Doc 

A Tale of two Great Kings: Artabanus and Vologaeses in A. KRASNOWOLSKA and R. RUSEK-KOWALSKA, Studies on the Iranian World I, Before Islam, Cracow, Jagellonian University Press, 2015, pp. 203-210

Download Bookmark

Leonardo Gregoratti
Durham University, Classics and Ancient History, Post-Doc 

The Kings of Parthia and Persia, Some Considerations on the "Iranic" Identity in the Parthian Empire, «DABIR», 2015, I, Nr. 1, pp. 14-16

Download Bookmark

Patrick Waterson

Thanks for posting, David: it is all grist to the mill.  I can see a few people being interested in the article on Parthian 'regiments' in the Roman army, for example.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Jim Webster

Erpingham

The key to this for those members who aren't already signed up to academia.edu is that you customise your news notifications.  David has obviously a Middle Eastern theme.  Mine are European Medieval and therefore look totally different.  So, even if you don't find David's selection grabs your interest, get over there and set up your own preferences and by all means share anything you find particularly interesting with the rest of us.

Imperial Dave

it is an excellent site for articles and as stated, set up your preferences to what you want. I tend to dip in and out when something catches my eye and there is literally a ton of stuff posted there
Slingshot Editor