News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Steppe Horse Archery

Started by Erpingham, February 28, 2021, 04:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

;D

that'll just spur us on more
Slingshot Editor

RichT

Quote from: Erpingham on March 01, 2021, 01:37:17 PM
I do feel its time as a moderator to steppe in and say to stop flogging a dead horse.

Now that people have got the bit between their teeth, it will be hard to rein them in.

Justin Swanton

I do feel its time as a moderator to steppe in and say to stop flogging a dead horse.

So long as we're being neighbourly...

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

As it behooves us to be...

Imperial Dave

we are almost in the homestraight
Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Attached is some good advice for those who find themselves in Anthony's position.

;)
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

Quote from: NickHarbud on March 03, 2021, 09:41:06 AM

Attached is some good advice for those who find themselves in Anthony's position.

;)

15. Declaring a horse to be dead is bigotry, since "life" and "death" are outmoded concepts of a narrow-minded mediaeval and patriarchal society, denying the individual the freedom to choose any number of states between "life" and "death" and identify with the one he/she/zie/ey/per/ve/xe/they feel comfortable with. Has the horse said it is dead or alive? Has it chosen an alternative state of existence - suspended animation, semi-quickening, zombification, or one of many, many others? We don't know, and so we can't judge.

Vive la liberté!

Erpingham

Quote from: NickHarbud on March 03, 2021, 09:41:06 AM

;)

These all sound rather familiar :)  I didn't see the idea of killing other horses in order to replicate the success of the original dead horse project, though.

Duncan Head

We're touching on current affairs now - getting photographed sitting on a dead horse is not the done thing.
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

its ok, apparently he forgot he was sitting on a dead horse because the phone call completely blanked that fact out of his head.....
Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Completely understandable.  I, myself, have witnessed on many occasions how a phone ring will induce an immediate interruption in whatever other activity the recipient might have been engaged in.  People conversing with you will suddenly stop in mid-sentence, a glazed expression will descend upon their faces as they mindlessly reach into their pockets.  I find it kindest at this point to walk away and get on with whatever it was I was doing before being interrupted.  Such is the mental confusion caused by these events that it will often be days before they can recall even being in conversation with me, let alone the subject under discussion.

Truly, phones are the best devices yet invented for keeping irritating nerks off one's back - even better than a zombie cage! 

:P
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

so when at a loss to get rid of a nuisance secretly 'trouser dial' that person's phone and walk away
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

It is interesting to see the reaction to the dead horse case and how these things reflect culture.  In steppe culture, the priority would probably have been to butcher the carcass before it went off.