News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Roman egg found intact

Started by Duncan Head, February 13, 2024, 12:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBS

Found just in time for pancakes tonight!
David Stevens

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Which came first, the Roman egg or the Roman chicken?

???
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Duncan Head

Duncan Head

DBS

Interesting that this story has even made Fox News amidst all their other coverage of Trump, Biden, and Taylor Swift winning the Superbowl.
David Stevens

Imperial Dave

Trump, Biden and Taylor-Swift sound like a dodgy lawyer firm
Slingshot Editor

Mark G

Which one would do the soliciting, and which would be at the bar?

Keraunos

Getting back to the egg business, any suggestion that it might still be edible?  Scott's whiskey has been found frozen but perfectly drinkable once thawed, though I suppose that has more natural preservative than an egg...

Erpingham

Quote from: Keraunos on February 16, 2024, 10:02:15 AMGetting back to the egg business, any suggestion that it might still be edible? 

Given the mention of the terrible smell from the eggs they broke in the report, I don't think I'd want to try it.

Ian61

Quote from: Keraunos on February 16, 2024, 10:02:15 AMGetting back to the egg business, any suggestion that it might still be edible?  Scott's whiskey has been found frozen but perfectly drinkable once thawed, though I suppose that has more natural preservative than an egg...

Any volunteers??  Unlikely actually.  I suspect if they are ever prepared to go into it it will just be a mass of yuck (technical word there).

It would be nice to think there might be some DNA evidence that would be interesting to add to what is known about the development of one of our most important sources of protein but again I suspect unlikely. Enzymes will probably have broken anything useful down long ago.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor