News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

late roman units and tactics in a video

Started by andrew881runner, August 25, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew881runner

I don't know if you could be interested but I like to try to remake ancient battles using modern total war software so I did this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=abGibzdgSZM

you can see my other historical tactical videos in my channel and maybe subscribe [emoji6]

Patrick Waterson

I enjoyed watching that; thanks, Andrew.  Quite an impressive spectacle.

Is there a reason why the Roman reserve did not move left into what looked like a very vulnerable gap on the Gothic right?  My impression is that they could have cut the Gothic right in two and then rolled up the whole Gothic army.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

andrew881runner

Quote from: Patrick Waterson on August 25, 2014, 08:00:42 PM
I enjoyed watching that; thanks, Andrew.  Quite an impressive spectacle.

Is there a reason why the Roman reserve did not move left into what looked like a very vulnerable gap on the Gothic right?  My impression is that they could have cut the Gothic right in two and then rolled up the whole Gothic army.
maybe, but being a custom battle for YouTube winning was not the main thing, as to make a good video.