News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Colossus of Constantine

Started by Duncan Head, February 07, 2024, 12:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

Impressive, though I wonder if the original would have been painted?

Imperial Dave

its one of those things that opinion varies. Some statues were painted and some not I suspect. Looks quite effective though
Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

I hear Donald Trump is planning something similar for the White House lawn...

;D
Nick Harbud

Erpingham

Quote from: Nick Harbud on February 07, 2024, 02:13:08 PMI hear Donald Trump is planning something similar for the White House lawn...

;D

Currently watching Waldemar Januscek's take on Mannerism. The use of gigantic grotesque statuary in the gardens of a Palladian mansion like the White House would be quite in keeping with that movement  :)

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Nick Harbud on February 07, 2024, 02:13:08 PMI hear Donald Trump is planning something similar for the White House lawn...

;D

gawd save us...
Slingshot Editor

Ian61

Art sometimes gets there ahead of real life I doubt Donald's version, when it inevitably arrives, will be any more tasteful than this.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Cantabrigian

Apparently they're planning to erect a second copy in Bishop Auckland, if Rome is a bit too far for you.

Keraunos

Which one are we talking about now, the Constantine or the Trump?

Erpingham

Have just discovered eldest daughter is in Rome at the moment.  I've suggested she goes and visits.

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Cantabrigian on February 08, 2024, 04:14:48 PMApparently they're planning to erect a second copy in Bishop Auckland, if Rome is a bit too far for you.

Trump or Constantine?  :P
Slingshot Editor