News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

New part of Hadrian's Wall on display

Started by Imperial Dave, April 24, 2016, 08:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chris

Dave,

Thanks for posting the link.

I was over there (and in parts of Europe) during the late summer of 1987.

One of the many highlights of touring the UK was my journey north (somewhat like Agricola, only I traveled by bus and train) and visiting a section of the wall.

Visiting York was also a highlight. Then again, so was touring Colwyn Castle in Wales.

Oh to be in England, now that our election year is here . . .

Chris

Erpingham

Unfortunately it is our referendum year, so it would be out of the frying pan, into the fire.

stevenneate

Already put in my postal vote that Britain enslave the EU.  Umm, maybe my postal vote had a spelling error?

Mark G

Careful.  Dangerous ground even when joking.

Patrick Waterson

Quote from: Erpingham on April 25, 2016, 12:09:20 PM
Unfortunately it is our referendum year, so it would be out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Having seen what an American election year is like, I think more a case of out of the frying-pan and onto the simmering hob.

If we feel like getting back on topic with an interesting context, there is always the great barbarian invasion of the year AD 367 ...
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Erpingham

Quote from: Patrick Waterson on April 28, 2016, 11:06:19 AM

If we feel like getting back on topic with an interesting context, there is always the great barbarian invasion of the year AD 367 ...

Ah, the old Barbarian Conspiracy.  Put all your barbarian figures on the table and call it an army :)

If you want to give that a go, I think you need a new thread, as the whole thing covered a lot more than Hadrian's Wall.