News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Orkney neolithic discoveries and the BM exhibition

Started by Duncan Head, February 15, 2022, 11:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan Head

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/feb/15/orkney-ghosts-of-past-world-of-stonehenge-british-museum

"You could continue for several lifetimes and not get to the bottom of it, ... Every year it never fails to produce something that astounds us."
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Imperial Dave

the C in C wants to go to Scotland sometime soonish and so I just have to persuade here to go a bit further than she was thinking....
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on February 15, 2022, 12:17:26 PM
the C in C wants to go to Scotland sometime soonish and so I just have to persuade here to go a bit further than she was thinking....

We broke the journey there and back in the Highlands.  If she likes craft items, there are potteries, jewellers and weavers (our Orcadian blanket remains in regular winter use).

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Quote from: Holly on February 15, 2022, 12:17:26 PM

I have just been watching that episode of Dad's Army where Mainwaring explains how he spent his honeymoon in the Scottish highlands and, there being little else to do, he mastered playing the bagpipes.

A wheeze to bear in mind....
Nick Harbud