News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

FOUND! The true King of Wales.......!!!!

Started by Imperial Dave, March 03, 2017, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

I gave up on the website because there were so many 'pop ups', adverts, weird music blaring etc  :(

Local Newspaper's have abysmal websites

willb

Interesting.   ::)  I wonder if DNA testing is possible. 

Imperial Dave

the thing is, apart from any assumptions on foundation legends, regnal lists and the like etc, he actually believes it!  ;D
Slingshot Editor

Patrick Waterson

Quote from: willb on March 04, 2017, 04:37:18 AM
Interesting.   ::)  I wonder if DNA testing is possible.

From what I managed to read before the site froze up on me, this is one aspect he seems to have avoided or at least not pursued.  Then again, his basic problem is that he could be a direct descendant of Llwewlyn Yr Ail or Dafydd and still be completely ineligible because his descent would have to be from one of their daughters, and the law of Hywel Dda explicitly forbids succession through the female line.

I wonder what the Welsh will make of him.  Somehow I do not see him getting much of a following ...
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Imperial Dave

tell him straight.....he's one chip short of a full butty is my suggestions of what the Welsh will say :)
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Didn't think I'd ever reference the Sun website but this version does have the advantage of not freezing or attacking with adverts

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2988277/allan-evans-colorado-king-of-wales-claim-throne/

Imperial Dave

I'm still laughing at this....he is really serious.

oh and on the freezing adverts of other sites etc I use ad blocker and it normally does the trick
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on March 04, 2017, 09:19:43 AM
I'm still laughing at this....he is really serious.

I think his tactics are wrong.  Claiming thrones in the British isles is usually done by landing at an obscure port with a band of exiles and foreign troops.  Now he's shown his hand he needs to be mindful of the fate of Owen Lawgoch - some of those who join his band may be assassins in the pay of the Crown.

Imperial Dave

Shhhhhhh........stranger things have happened!  ;)
Slingshot Editor