News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Mystery of 'magnificent palace' found in Jerusalem

Started by Tim, September 03, 2020, 10:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Not quite sure what this tells us. Burying coin or jewels makes sense. Burying bloody great blocks of stone less so...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-54006773

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

My guess (as somebody who has all sorts of stuff lying about the yard because it's bound to come in useful at some point) is that somebody quietly made off with some of the good bits after the siege and stashed them for later.
Because he'd buried them, when he died they were forgotten

Imperial Dave

its certainly a possibility. I bury a lot of useful things in my shed and attic. When I die my wife will be enthralled and possibly rich.....
Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

Quote from: Holly on September 04, 2020, 09:01:49 PM
its certainly a possibility. I bury a lot of useful things in my shed and attic. When I die my wife will be enthralled and possibly rich.....

I built a cattle handling system out of second hand steel I happened to have lying about because it might come in one day  :-[

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Jim Webster on September 04, 2020, 09:12:04 PM

I built a cattle handling system out of second hand steel I happened to have lying about because it might come in one day  :-[

you never know Jim.....
Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

Quote from: Holly on September 04, 2020, 09:17:03 PM

you never know Jim.....

Just wondering where I left them chuffing pillars now  ;)

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Jim Webster on September 05, 2020, 10:12:11 AM
Quote from: Holly on September 04, 2020, 09:17:03 PM

you never know Jim.....

Just wondering where I left them chuffing pillars now  ;)

;D
Slingshot Editor