News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Inuit and their predecessors

Started by Duncan Head, August 28, 2014, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan Head

QuoteA new "genetic prehistory" provides the best picture ever assembled of how the North American Arctic was populated, from 6,000 years ago to the present.

DNA sequences from living and ancient inhabitants show a single influx from Siberia produced all the "Paleo-Eskimo" cultures, which died out 700 years ago. Modern-day Inuit and Native Americans arose from separate migrations.

And some more interesting stuff at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28965227
Duncan Head

Andreas Johansson

I note that Mick Yarrow Miniatures makes an Inuit range, should anyone feel the need to wargame this.
Lead Mountain 2024
Acquired: 120 infantry, 46 cavalry, 0 chariots, 14 other
Finished: 72 infantry, 0 cavalry, 0 chariots, 3 other

Mick Hession

George Dick, a Scottish wargamer of my acquaintance, used the MY Inuit to make an Early (far) Northern Barbarian army, complete with snowball-throwing skirmishers    :)

Cheers
Mick   

Brian

Quote from: Mick Hession on August 29, 2014, 12:25:55 PM
George Dick, a Scottish wargamer of my acquaintance, used the MY Inuit to make an Early (far) Northern Barbarian army, complete with snowball-throwing skirmishers    :)

Cheers
Mick   
Speaking of George, I bought a Black Sheep/Turkoman army off George and converted it into a Siberian Tribes Renaissance army, DBR Book 2, List 11. Have done well in competitions with it.