News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Slaughter at Mortimers Cross

Started by Old Guy, April 22, 2015, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Guy

I organized a loose version of Mortimers Cross for a Wars of the Roses battle, both players were new to the rules so I umpired to the best of my ability, you never really understand a set until you play often, which I don't with these, Poleaxed 2.

In typical WotR fashion at least one man had to do his own thing, and it was Thomas Howard for the Yorkists, who single-handed ignored his orders and rushed for the enemy, who were more than happy to oblige him in a fight. Despite this the rest caught up and a huge melee occurred across the battle field. Within a short space of time the Yorkists lost one lord captured and three dead, while the Lancastrians had three cut down, fifty per cent  of the nobility present met their ends. No namby pamby skirmish here.

A fuller report and more pictures on my blog here : http://musingswargameslife.blogspot.co.uk/
Visit my site or blog at:
www.combatcartography.co.uk
www.musingswargameslife.blogspot.co.uk

aligern

Love the baners George, It is one of the things that makes high and late mediaeval warfare so attractive on the tabletop.
Roy

Justin Swanton

I must be a bit slow on the uptake. Where on the blog do I find it?

Patrick Waterson

On this page.  Second item down.

It took me a bit of hunting before I realised that George has linked topics in alphabetical order half-way down on the right under the heading: Labels.  This one is under 'Wars of the Roses'.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Chuck the Grey

I have to admit as a confirmed Classical Era gamer that I found your game a colorful bit of pageantry. The banners are superb. It's almost enough to make me consider a new project. Almost. ;)