News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Chinese horse trading

Started by Erpingham, June 22, 2020, 04:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

A short article on medieval Chinese problems of maintaining a supply of a strategic asset - horses.

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on June 22, 2020, 04:07:23 PM
A short article on medieval Chinese problems of maintaining a supply of a strategic asset - horses.

An interesting article, on reading it I do get the feeling that the Chinese bureaucracy didn't really understand horses too well

Imperial Dave

just remember which end of the horse bites and which kicks and you will be fine....ie avoid at all costs
Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

Quote from: Holly on June 23, 2020, 10:32:43 PM
just remember which end of the horse bites and which kicks and you will be fine....ie avoid at all costs

Horses were put on this word so that sheep could feel intellectually superior to somebody

As a species they prove that you can go a long way with a nice body and good hair  ;)

Imperial Dave

Oh I love horses just one at a time and with a metal barrier between us  :)
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Few people could eat more than one horse at a time.  Or am I misunderstanding :) 

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on June 24, 2020, 11:59:31 AM
Few people could eat more than one horse at a time.  Or am I misunderstanding :)

I used to joke I'd eaten horse more recently than I'd ridden one, but thanks to Tesco most people can say that

Imperial Dave

No joke. As part of my job I look at things like this  :-[
Slingshot Editor