News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

NO IMAGE AVAILABLE

Started by eques, September 19, 2016, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eques

Why oh why are so many figure manufacturers incapable of providing pics of all their products on their websites?

Surely it's a fairly easy thing to do, and it must be close to the number one thing purchasers want to know when making their decision.

These manufacturers must be losing a lot of sales that way. >:(

Mark G

I have enquired face to face.

The bigger names profess a plan to update old ranges, but it is a work in progress.

The resellers tend to rely on the manufacturer providing an image, and are loth to open packets to photograph themselves as it compromises the product.

The newer ones seem to be preoccupied with design and postage, and need a chance to catch up.

That's pretty much the range of reasons I hear.

Hard to argue with, except for major manufacturers, I'd say. 
And GW, warlord, foundry, Perry level always seem to have their web presence sorted.

Tim

Mark, I suspect cause and effect - less successful manufacturers without piccies on their website tend to remain less successful, I would suggest...

Mark G

I think you are deducing incorrectly.

Those I have seen fail have all been new and over spend in web and packaging.

Those new who succeed get swamped with orders, and back up on housekeeping, including photos.

The real culprits are established teams who don't take the hit, shut for a week/month, and photo all their missing ranges.

But I cut the new guys a lot of slack on this.

Especially when you consider how poorly scaled most web sites are, wonderful for a dozen lines, then overcrowded and unnavigable. 

Jim Webster

What we have to remember is that many of these 'companies' are small operations where they haven't given up the day job. Or if more successful and have managed to give up the day job are, as Mark suggests, swamped with orders and are struggling to keep up with the important bits of getting stuff out of the door on time

eques

It's pretty much all of them as far as I can see and there's really no excuse for it.

If a small operation, get the kids to do it.

If an established supplier get a temp in.  The consequent sales would more than pay for it, as well as for any opened packs that "they don't want to compromise"

Baccus the honourable exceptions.

Jim Webster

getting the kids in isn't always that easy, few kids want to sit, photograph and load a hundred or so figures. All takes time and time isn't what you've got
You're probably better spending the time with the kids while you've still got them