News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Figures for 25mm Pict Medium Cavalry and war hounds

Started by Belasirius55, January 25, 2017, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belasirius55

Hi All

I am nearing the end of the painting of my Pictish army having used Wargames Foundary and IstCorps figures.

Can anyone suggest what metal figures I can use for the Great Chieftains medium cavalry bodyguard. I am using the WF light cavalry already.

Also in the Warhammer army list were shown some war dogs or hounds. Where could I obtain some large wolfhound type dogs to put the fear of god into my opponents.

Thanks in advance for your comments. If anyone should have surplus figures to dispose of please let me know.

Regards
Peter Studd
aka as BELASIRIUS 55

Erpingham

A quick google suggests Gripping Beast, Northstar and Alternative Armies do them. 

For a "British" alternative, Warlord do mastiffs.  Googling will reveal a whole kennel club of different breeds.

Martin Smith

There's a wolfhound, code AN37, on irregularminiatures.co.uk website.
Martin
u444

stevenneate

Gripping Beast do a master and hounds pack (PCT14) for the Picts.  I used GB's mounted command, nobles and heroes packs for my heavier horse (PCTC01-06).  Because the figures are singly based for Saga I put them on edged movement trays for use as units for Dux Bellorum or other unit based games. I can heartily recommend GB's range of Picts.

Belasirius55

Dear Erpingham, Martin and Steven

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I suspect further monies are about to head towards Evesham!!

Regards
Peter/Belasirius55