News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Archaeologists discover ancient 'hangover prevention' ring

Started by Imperial Dave, November 14, 2021, 07:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck the Grey

If it was effective, I could used it in my younger days. Not so much anymore.  :)

Aetius

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Anton

Herself has an Amethyst ring I might get a loan of it and give it a go over the festive season.  As you say worth a shot.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chuck the Grey

Quote from: Anton on November 15, 2021, 09:27:41 AM
Herself has an Amethyst ring I might get a loan of it and give it a go over the festive season.  As you say worth a shot.

Can we expect a detailed report in Slingshot?

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Anton

Yes, indeed. All supposing I'm allowed out with the ring.  I can see it.

I'm going out to drink too much with the lads.  Lend me your Amethyst ring would you?

Why, it won't fit you.

It's an experiment!

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chuck the Grey

By coincidence, National Public Radio (NPR) had a story about the discovery of the ring and interviewed an author, Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall, who wrote a book titled Hungover: The Morning After and One Man's Quest for the Cure. Mr. Bishop-Stall imbibed in the appropriate beverages, in the name of science, and then tried various cures for the hangover. Alas, none seemed to work. he did indicate that he was willing to test the efficacy of an amethyst ring as a cure, again in the interest of science.

Perhaps a joint venture is in order.  :D

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Anton

I've had a formal response, the lady in question will wear the ring and report back.  Alas, she is a 2 glasses of wine maximum drinker.  I fear our data will not be reliable for those of us with a thirstier appetite.

Imperial Dave

head down to your local park with 2 x 4-packs of Special Brew and ask if anyone is willing to do some research
Slingshot Editor

Anton

I'm not allowed out with it apparently.  Cannot think why.