News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Third battle of the Optio campaign - part 1

Started by Justin Swanton, April 21, 2024, 06:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Swanton

Having suffered two defeats, Peter must win this battle. Here I give the campaign manoeuvres, siege of the Dorian capital Amphissa, and deployment for the subsequent battle. We'll fight the battle itself in the next few days. First part here.

Justin Swanton

Incidentally, we're trying out the marker cubes for the first time in this game. Peter likes the look of them. 8)

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

Doris after Peter's third defeat. He is down to 4 towns, and by spending his remaining kudos he is able to double tax them and scrape together an army that matches mine. Fourth and possibly final battle next week. I'll post up an AAR of the third battle soon. BTW battles in the context of a campaign are much more fun.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Keraunos

Justin Swanton

Justin Swanton

Forgot to mention two things in the battle report: first that cubes are much more manageable than counters, even magnetic ones, and second, that dice played an important part in the game.  ::)  Peter lost a commander and his general that way (two 6's in a row, twice). Not sure if Mad Ron isn't telling me something....