News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

A Czech website about Vikings

Started by Erpingham, May 02, 2020, 06:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

Yes, I know it sounds odd even for us, but this website is actually quite interesting if you are into Early Medieval warfare especially Vikings.  Although it is a re-enactor site (yes, there are Czech and Slovak Viking re-enactors), it is deliberately research based.  Here is the "mission statement"

Articles presented on the websites tend to be more educative and popular than scientific. My priorities are plainness, factuality and humility to sources. My results are based on the combinations of different sources. The primary goal of the project is the popularization, myth-busting and constructive criticism. I hold the opinion that the reenactment and science can cooperate and mutually enrich each other.

As you can see, the English is good.  If you check the Sitemap you'll see why I have linked this.  Lots of research on weapons in particular.  OK, a lot is in Czech but a lot is in English too and, oddly, some Italian and Spanish.  The titles of the Czech ones are given in English so you can look at the illustrations if the topic is of interest.

Anyway, nothing too dramatic but a nice way to occupy some hours under lockdown - enjoy.

Add : I've moved this to the correct place and restored the missing link.

Imperial Dave

very interesting. I suppose the closest group from the UK would be Regia Anglorum https://regia.org/about.php
Slingshot Editor