News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Ptolamies invade the US??

Started by Dave Beatty, October 26, 2014, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Beatty

A recent DNA study of the Cherokee American Indian tribe found an unusually high haplogroup normally associated with Middle Easterners.  The researcher posits that a group of Ptolemaic Egyptians crossed the Atlantic in the 3rd century BC and eventually became the Cherokees.

Seriously.  Check it out here:  http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1021858-anomalous-dna-found-in-cherokee-native-american-genetic-research/

Do I hear any motions to add DBA List II/20a (Ptolemaic 320-275BC) to the list of enemies for some sort of an earlier version of IV/9 (Eastern Forest American 1100AD-1620AD) or IV/10 (Mound Builder American 1100-1701AD)?  Say something like "Woodland American" with an a (Early 1000BC-1BC), b (Middle 1AD-500AD) and c (Late 500-1000AD - although some scholars would posit that the Late Woodland period extends into the European contact period and thus be the same as IV/9)?

How about this - changing IV/9 to "Woodland American" with an a, b, and c periods as outlined above?

Dave Beatty

Patrick Waterson

If this were supported by the existence of Egyptian language roots in the Cherokee tongue, Egyptian designs and motifs in the artwork and the introduction of metallurgy to the region, I would say this is a viable hypothesis.  If these subsidiary indicators are absent, I would be a terrible spoilsport and say that maybe DNA testing or at least the conclusions drawn therefrom may not be quite as reliable as generally thought.

However, tying the Ptolemaic Cherokee thesis in with Thor Heyerdahl's Ra expedition, we could potentially open up quite a wide range of Egyptian army lists for use in the New World ...
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Jim Webster

Given the title of the thread I'd like to say a big hello to the good people at the NSA

Jim

Dave Beatty

Actually, there are some odd rock carvings in Oklahoma (or somewhere out there) that folks purport to be in Phonetician (and/or Ogham) complete with pictures of biremes (and a dude who looks suspiciously like Elvis) and metallurgy (in the form of copper bells etc) does appear about this time (or later depending upon which UFO group you believe)... as far as the Cherokee link to Semitic, there have long been rumblings along this line going back at least to Joseph Smith and the start of the Mormons... but seriously folks, we continue to wait for hard evidence.  But the DNA business is mighty curious.

Flaminpig0

Quote from: Jim Webster on October 27, 2014, 10:32:05 PM
Given the title of the thread I'd like to say a big hello to the good people at the NSA

Jim

That's the next series of Homeland sorted out then.

Dangun

Take note that this is The Epoch Times, mouth piece of the Falun Gong, who believe in... well... all sorts of stuff, that is probably not germane to this forum.

Dave Beatty

I was actually sort of joking...  ;)