News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

What Adhesive do People Use for Assembling Models?

Started by eques, February 25, 2016, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on July 29, 2016, 11:24:05 AM
As noted above, large tubes of UHU are to be found in pound shops, which actually makes it a pretty cheap option in the UK.

Worth checking before you buy, I've found two different sizes of tubes in the same sized pack in one pound shop  :o

Darklinger

I swear by Gorilla Super Glue for spears etc. The technique I use is to drop a little into a plastic bottle top (I use those shallow ones from bottled water) and take tiny amounts from it on the end of cocktail sticks, and apply.
When gluing to bases, I cautiously 'stamp' the base of the figure into the glue, having planned the exact position and marked it on the base.

Belatedly, re Games Workshop stores - if you really want the full-on queasy-but-massaging effect, go into the GW Warhammer shop on Tottenham Court Road and ask for Dark Age ship models.... historical. At once like hitting a wasp nest with a stick, and like being one of those predatory solitary wasps that sneak into beehives and release pheromones that make the bees fight each other, while the wasp lays it's eggs.
Hwaer cwom mearg, hwaer cwom mago?