News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Academia

Started by philjones62, January 16, 2024, 09:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philjones62

I think Mr Hollins mentioned using Academia.  Apart from attracting Arthurian and nationalist nutjobs, it has a really poor 'association' algorithm.  You will see a lot of odd results- (to be fair, I do search on related topics but can't see the link to siege warfare in 5th century greece.You cannot view this attachment.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

I wonder if it has the same name of author as something you've read?  I've had that happen to me before - the algorythm not distinguishing between multiple contributors of the same name.

Imperial Dave

I do get some weird suggestions sometimes. I also get invited to participate in discussions that almost invariably turn into 'flame wars'
Slingshot Editor

Mark G

Sounds like it's a well named forum then, as there is no argument as nasty as one between academics

Duncan Head

Not an obvious connection, no  :) Environmental engineering = siege engineering? Pretty weak!
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Mark G

Reminded of Christmas with the sister.  We've got Spotify, what shall I tell it to put on for Christmas dinner.

Try Duke Ellington Christmas, I say.

Third track - some impenetrable free jazz, cause Spotify just played a bunch of random jazz.

This is why I buy music.  Well, that plus what are Spotify listeners going to do when Putin turns off the internet?