News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Archaeology and blockchain technology

Started by Duncan Head, October 10, 2017, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan Head

Duncan Head

Patrick Waterson

Accurately observed.  In essence, a worldwide checkable antiquities ownership database, which will be useful if people actually bother to register their possessions and acquisitions, something many questionable owners have not felt any need for in the past.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Jim Webster

Quote from: Patrick Waterson on October 10, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
Accurately observed.  In essence, a worldwide checkable antiquities ownership database, which will be useful if people actually bother to register their possessions and acquisitions, something many questionable owners have not felt any need for in the past.
There again many owners who have perfect title might just shrug and move on. I read the article, stopped, went back to the article 'blockchain explained' and read through that.
Until I got to the sentence ""Suddenly you can bootstrap an entire network that can achieve internet-level consensus about the state and authenticity of a block's contents in a decentralized way."

I thought, whoopee, and gave up  :-[

Tim

Jim

If I understood all that I would have given up already...