News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Upcoming event at Eastern Michigan University

Started by Paul Innes, July 19, 2014, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Innes

Hi everyone, I received this by email, but won't be able to fit it into Slingshot before it happens, so I thought I should post it here.  It may be of interest to members who are more local to the event than I am, or who may be able to visit.  Contact details come at the end of the message.

Paul

Carl Matherly writes:
I am President of a table-top gaming student organization at Eastern Michigan University called Dungeons and Dreadnoughts. We are one of the largest organizations at Eastern Michigan University and have over 150 members. Our mission is to create an accepting and easily accessible environment that promotes a structured gaming community; in hopes of providing students an outlet for creativity, social interaction, and encouraging exploration into new hobbies.

This fall, Dungeons and Dreadnoughts would like to organize and host a gaming convention to expose students to table-top gaming. We would like to invite representatives from your company come and demonstrate games at this convention. If sending a representative is not possible, we would ask that you consider donating any games to the Dungeons and Dreadnoughts game library. These games will be used by members of the student organization and will be used at the game convention.

The event will take place in the Eastern Michigan University Student Center Ball Room with an expected attendance of over 300 guests. This event will be open to the public. Board games will be set up throughout the ball room for guests to enjoy. Tables will be assigned to representatives upon request for the purposes of display and running demonstrations. Representatives will have a meal provided for them and all of their parking expenditures will be reimbursed.

This event will take place on September 29th, 2014 from 11am to 7pm. Any support you could offer would be greatly appreciated. To learn more about Dungeons and Dreadnoughts, follow this link to a youtube video about the organization, below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLwMNEHR0A0

Thank you for your time,

Carl Matherly
President of Dungeons and Dreadnoughts
cmatherl@emich.edu
734-634-8529

Richard Morin
Contact member for the event
rmorin1@emich.edu
313-316-9230