News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Opponent/Player finder?

Started by cartfc, May 19, 2012, 03:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cartfc

Is it worth having a section for people seeking other players? Of the xxxx rules players wanted in yyyy area, sort of thing. I assume championship players will use that section to seek out other championship players, but there is nothing for people just wanting friendly games.

Fred.

Mark

DougM

Canberran of advanced years seeks DBMMM  players or DBA or SAGA
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

cartfc

Nice one Doug, but do you have a young outlook with a GSOH? :-)

Fred.

cartfc

And here's mine. Impetus players in central southern UK wanted - Dorchester, Poole, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Southampton areas.

Fred.

DougM

Quote from: cartfc on May 19, 2012, 10:48:10 PM
Nice one Doug, but do you have a young outlook with a GSOH? :-)

Fred.

I am not sure there well understood acronyms for 'crusty old b*gger with a toolbox' ... 
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Jim Webster

Well in Barrow in Furness we've got a wargames club which plays a lot of things and can offer Impetus in 15mm and 28mm, DBA, Hordes and we're not afraid to try other things

Jim

cartfc

Quote from: Jim Webster on May 20, 2012, 06:44:14 AM
Well in Barrow in Furness we've got a wargames club which plays a lot of things and can offer Impetus in 15mm and 28mm, DBA, Hordes and we're not afraid to try other things

Jim

Sounds great Jim, but Barrow is a bit far for me to travel on a regular basis. I might manage a trip sometime. Do you have slots of visiting players?

Fred.

Jim Webster

Quote from: cartfc on May 20, 2012, 07:20:49 AM
Quote from: Jim Webster on May 20, 2012, 06:44:14 AM

Jim

Sounds great Jim, but Barrow is a bit far for me to travel on a regular basis. I might manage a trip sometime. Do you have slots of visiting players?

Fred.

good grief nothing so formal.
Contact someone, ideally a week or two in advance (no one visits Barrow on impulse!)
And we'll just fit things into the night.
Jim

Tim

Doug, the international standard acroynm for "crusty old b*gger with a toolbox" is 'wargamer'...

Dave Knight

Dave Knight - always looking for new opponents in Central Scotland (within an hour or so of Falkirk)

Currently playing Impetus, starting Hail Ceasar but happy to play virtually anything (not resticted to our period)

All my stuff for this period is 25mm

I think a separate board would be good for this as it is much easier to search a list of topics than scroll down an individual one which could grow to be rather long

Patrick Waterson

Quote from: Tim on May 20, 2012, 07:50:05 AM
Doug, the international standard acroynm for "crusty old b*gger with a toolbox" is 'wargamer'...

Although COBWAT has a certain something going for it ...  ;)
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Mark

Quote from: Dave Knight on May 20, 2012, 09:20:16 AM
I think a separate board would be good for this as it is much easier to search a list of topics than scroll down an individual one which could grow to be rather long

I agree, hence this. Sorry, I had meant to do this after Fred's initial quote. I'd suggest people repost in separate topics, with informative subjects - e.g. looking for DBA players in London, England

cartfc

Thanks Mark. Have posted mine as a seperate topic.

Fred.

valentinianvictor

I'd like to meet up with those interested in playing DBA or DBMM in Kent.