News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Best way to sell to members?

Started by Erpingham, February 21, 2023, 11:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

Sorting through the lead mountain, it occurs to me that I really need to overcome my hoarder tendencies and start disposing of unwanted "stuff".  This various from assorted bare metal to odd painted figures.  Obviously, I need to master selling on ebay but I'm also interested in offering things to members.  Some things I'm happy to be free to a good home but would still like to recoup postage. What do those who do sell privately here or elsewhere find best way to manage payment?

Jon Freitag

For me, PayPal is effortless.  Other methods work too.

Imperial Dave

paypal good and would be nice to get the 'bring and buy' section of the forum ticking along and used
Slingshot Editor

Anton

I forgot we had a bring and buy section.  I might put it to some use as I too need to thin the lead pile.  Paypal is very convenient in my experience.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Looks like I'll have to learn how to take paypal payments.  But then, I'll need to do that if I put stuff on ebay.

Martin Smith

Quote from: Erpingham on February 21, 2023, 06:26:59 PMLooks like I'll have to learn how to take paypal payments.  But then, I'll need to do that if I put stuff on ebay.

I've been selling a LOT of stuff for an elderly friend. Paypal is ok (especially if using 'friends and family', to dodge the paypal fees), but also bank transfer too. Depends a lot on how much the two parties trust each other.

Ebay - beware swingeing fees. Look out for 'seller deals' eg 80% off final sale fee.
FB selling groups better, but you need to know how much you're selling for, as against the potential bidding frenzy or total lack of interest on ebay (difficult to judge).
Martin
u444

Erpingham

Thanks Martin.  Useful to have the voice of experience.