News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Phoenix. Penrith, Cumbria June 24th 2017

Started by owaincaesarius, April 16, 2017, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owaincaesarius

Now in it's second year! We've obviously got something right last time.

Cumbria's only games show returns again to the Rheged centre near Penrith for a second coming this year.

Same format as last year, miniature games, CCG's, roleplay and board games. Trade, B&B ,food and fun. Still probably the flashest wargames venue* and a friendly show atmosphere. Plenty for the non-gamers to do and free parking.

Provided the painting plans proceed on time we'll be having a Battle of Dyrrhachium 1081 game on show in 28mm.

Link to the show page.
https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixLWEUK/?fref=ts

See you there.

Graham
* And AFAIK the worlds only earth covered wargames show.

Jim Webster

Well I've got another meeting in Penrith in the morning. On the positive side that means I've got a genuine reason for being in the area and it would be rude not to drop in to Phoenix  8)

Dave Knight

I am hoping to attend as well

How about a 25mm DBA championship game in the afternoon Jim - I would bring the armies 8)

Jim Webster

Quote from: Dave Knight on April 17, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
I am hoping to attend as well

How about a 25mm DBA championship game in the afternoon Jim - I would bring the armies 8)

I think we're still playing first edition  8)

It's just a case of using it in campaigns and somebody just pulls a copy off their shelf and brings it. I don't think any of us have third

owaincaesarius

It's all kicking off at Penrith then. DBA first edition, cool. Not as radical as going back to DBM V1 of course though. Later versions just seemed to knock all the fun out of it. :'(