News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Philippi Part 3

Started by Paul Innes, April 29, 2017, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Innes

I finally found some time to do the things that matter, so instalment the third is now on t'blog at:

http://caliban-somewhen.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/philippi-part-3.html

This was the final part of our large game at the conference a long time ago back in October.

Paul

Mick Hession

Beautiful: looks like a great game. Definitely inspires me to start on the Marian Romans I picked up in Milan.

Thanks
Mick

Chris

Amazing. Excellent. Impressive. Spectacular.

Thanks for posting.

Coincidentally, we are talking about reserves (and other topics related to the "art of war" and its understanding) in another thread (guessing that you are aware), so it was cool to see the two and three line legions arranged for battle.

Yesterday, while walking around the grand ballroom at Little Wars (three day convention), I saw a few tables that matched the apparent size you set up, but none came close to matching the overall spectacle. To be fair, the crusader game hosted by Uncle Duke came close. They actually used real sand on the table top. Dare I say that what I observed of the DBA-style engagement was a gritty affair?

Thanks again for posting.

Chris

Paul Innes

Thanks for your generous comments, Chris. I do like them big!