News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

What sort of battle reports do we want to see?

Started by Erpingham, October 21, 2017, 12:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkay57

Does the editorial team review forum reports to see which ones might make good Slingshot articles?
David

Patrick Waterson

I shall leave our Editor to answer that one.  At present, I suspect not, as our volunteers have limited time on their hands, but in the future, who knows?
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Justin Swanton

I've felt for some time that we need more diagrammatic battle reports in Slingshot, and I prefer diagrams (obviously) that show exactly who went where and did what.

Doing diagrams from photos is straightforward for gridded systems. For free movement systems I can do it but it is essential that the four corners of the battlefield are visible in the image. What I do is take the photo into Photoshop, then use the free distort tool to line up the battlefield corners with a regular bird's eye view battlefield rectangle. This moves all the photographed bases into a bird's eye view position from which I can draw an accurate diagram. Something like this:

Imperial Dave

I'm with you Justin on the use of diagrams although I do like seeing both diagrams and photos in a report. The photos give you a visual feel for the battlefield whereas the diagrams give you a tactical view of a batlefield
Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

I agree. A mix of diagrams and photos is the ideal option.