News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Battle of Grosmont 1405

Started by Erpingham, March 18, 2018, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpingham

I was tempted to rework  this article into the Battles section format, but I thought it would be little short of plagiarism, so here it is in its own right.  An interesting example of the sort of stuff you can find in local history journals.

Imperial Dave

and just around the corner from me. I did a dissertation on the trilateral castles of the Welsh Marches
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on March 18, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
and just around the corner from me. I did a dissertation on the trilateral castles of the Welsh Marches
A great area for castles.  One where you can do four in a day with a car and finish off with a fortified bridge.

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Erpingham on March 18, 2018, 06:46:40 PM
A great area for castles.  One where you can do four in a day with a car and finish off with a fortified bridge.

crikey, more than that :)
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on March 18, 2018, 06:54:05 PM
Quote from: Erpingham on March 18, 2018, 06:46:40 PM

crikey, more than that :)
I do like to get out and look around :)

Imperial Dave

there are loads of castles in the area, some hooge and some very well hidden. Loved growing up here
Slingshot Editor