News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

My Paraitakene (a belated battle day in Japan)

Started by Prufrock, April 24, 2018, 06:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prufrock

I missed battle day, but have just finished writing up a report of my own solo refight of Paraitakene on the blog.

It was a very enjoyable game (using Lost Battles rules) and the only things missing were a few comrades in arms to enjoy it with (but what can you expect on a Monday night?).

Anyway, here's a link to the report, if anyone is interested in having a look.

https://prufrockian-gleanings.blogspot.jp/2018/04/paraitakene-317-bc.html

Cheers, and thanks to Richard Lockwood for all his battle day efforts. Much appreciated!

Mick Hession

Nice account, and a great looking game. Thanks for posting.

Cheers
Mick

Justin Swanton

Great game Aaron. Wish I had your motivation for an evening solo.

Patrick Waterson

Interesting game and good account.  Nice work, Aaron.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Prufrock

Flaminpig0

Great report.

I don't know what other people felt about the Battle Day but from what I  could see  the various rules used  struggled to depict jsut how effective the Silver Shields seemed to be  let alone deal with the conundrum of Antigonos' army being driven back 5km.

Chris

My compliments (belated) as well. Especially liked the one photo of the elephant in armour and carrying a tower stuffed with crew. Impressive. Battlefield was quite clean and complimented by terrific-looking miniatures. The casualty or status markers (javelins/spears stuck in ground) add to the overall effect.

It appears that reports of Paraetacene may equal the number of wargames staged on the day in Sycamore Hall.

Paraetacene was a very good choice.

Thanks for posting/sharing.

Cheers,
Chris

Prufrock

Thanks chaps - I agree, Paraitakene was a very good choice for the 2018. Will look forward to the write-ups in Slingshot to come.

Imperial Dave

always like your write ups Aaron and as always the figures are of a very high standard  :)
Slingshot Editor

Prufrock

Quote from: Holly on April 25, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
always like your write ups Aaron and as always the figures are of a very high standard  :)

Thanks, Dave. All I needed to complete the occasion was an opponent and a shipment of your authentic recipe ancient beer! ;-)  Maybe next year!

Imperial Dave

Authentic beer project....I will have to sit down and think about that  ;D
Slingshot Editor

Chris

Authentic beer project? That seems very appropriate for next year's Battle Day.

Perhaps you could create a special laager for the occasion? This would be a drink for the Gaul generals, of course. The Romans would have to settle for wine.

Chris

Prufrock

Quote from: Chris on April 29, 2018, 02:49:03 PM
This would be a drink for the Gaul generals, of course. The Romans would have to settle for wine.

Chris

All the more incentive to win and raid the Gallic supplies, Chris!

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor