News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Little Battles 18

Started by dwkay57, May 21, 2018, 05:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkay57

Despite posting the first report of 2018 on the existing thread, I thought it was time to start a new thread to save everybody having to scroll through all those pages.

So attached is a short report (with photos) of a recent battle between my growing Imperial Romans and a coalition of Greeks.

More detailed reports for those with nothing to do between the wedding and the World Cup are available at www.veryverylittlewars.wordpress.com
David

dwkay57

I took the opportunity to dust off two of my earliest 6mm armies recently.

Summary report attached. More detailed report on my website for when your team gets knocked out of the World Cup.

The summary report is in a different style to normal so it would be interesting to get some feedback on this. Thanks.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on June 11, 2018, 05:28:20 PM
I took the opportunity to dust off two of my earliest 6mm armies recently.

Summary report attached. More detailed report on my website for when your team gets knocked out of the World Cup.

The summary report is in a different style to normal so it would be interesting to get some feedback on this. Thanks.

It was certainly easy to follow, looks like a cracking game
I do envy your terrain (I may have said this before  ;)  )

dwkay57

Thanks for the positive comments Jim.

Had the Trinovante 2inC (i.e. Togodumnus) not got excited too early on (it is not the first battle he has done so) it might have worked out closer.
I have tweaked my rules a bit to see if this makes a difference.
David

dwkay57

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house nothing was stirring apart from the 400 little figures battling it out on the dining room table.....

WARNING: This battle contains armies which may shock those who are historical purists.
But it was my first batte for ages so I just had to post it even though the combination of armies are a bit of a mash up.

As usual full report on my website for those with a bit of spare time on their hands.
David

Martin Smith

A really good report, David, with informative text, good pics, and very convincing terrain.
Thanks for posting.

Martin
Martin
u444

Prufrock

Very cool, David! Thanks for sharing. Lovely looking set up, too.

dwkay57

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

Currently writing up the last battle of 2018, although some of it did spill into 2019.

Keep thinking about doing a summary for Slingshot but not too sure how to translate the on-line viewing into a paper reading format.
David

Jim Webster

I do love the terrain, perfect for 6mm  8)

dwkay57

And finally the last battle of 2018 (even though it did spread into 2019).

A fairly large (1,400 figures) Persian v Greek alliance encounter.

In fact it was so large and so long, I had to to split the report into 3 for this site. If you want to read it without the advert breaks, there is a single file copy on my website along with an extra long full report should another polar vortex occur.

David

Jim Webster