News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Little Battles 19

Started by dwkay57, March 01, 2019, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkay57

Oh no! Sorry guys. Another series of battle reports gets underway.

The first one of this year is Greeks (again) but this time against my Imperial Romans.
I had to split the report to get round the size limitation. More detailed report available of my website for those putting off booking the summer holiday.
David

dwkay57

A spring outing for two different armies (Ancient Britons and one of my satrapal Persian armies) as the Greeks enjoyed a bit of a break.

Also a much smaller and quicker battle due to a variety of reasons.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on March 12, 2019, 09:04:50 PM
A spring outing for two different armies (Ancient Britons and one of my satrapal Persian armies) as the Greeks enjoyed a bit of a break.

Also a much smaller and quicker battle due to a variety of reasons.

nice one  8)

dwkay57

Given the Pratchettesque nature of the scenarios and the armies taking part, just a few photos and words rather than formal reports on these two recent battles.

For those who don't mind a bit of a kitchen sink approach, more complete reports of the first encounter are on my website. Reports for the second should be there within a week (providing it is a wet bank holiday).
David

dwkay57

A more straight forward encounter battle this time between a Greek alliance and a Middle Eastern alliance of Herod's Jews and Antiochos IV Commagene army.
Quite an interesting battle (I thought) that nearly went to penalties and touched on some of the recent discussions in the rule forum about casualties, morale etc.
David

dwkay57

Now the summer heatwave is over (well at least for today in Essex) my armies are on the march again.

An encounter battle between what appears to be my favourite Middle Eastern alliance and my Athenians who have recently gained a reluctant ally.
Short report attached. Longer report for those who want something for the darker evenings on my website.
David

Jim Webster

Quote from: dwkay57 on September 16, 2019, 11:44:42 AM
Now the summer heatwave is over (well at least for today in Essex) my armies are on the march again.

An encounter battle between what appears to be my favourite Middle Eastern alliance and my Athenians who have recently gained a reluctant ally.
Short report attached. Longer report for those who want something for the darker evenings on my website.

I enjoyed that   ;D

pegg9876

Good reports, thank you.
What rules do you use? (You've probably mentioned that somewhere but I'm sorry I missed it.)

Patrick Waterson

Good chance to plug your rules, Dave - feel free! :)
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

dwkay57

Gordon,

The rules are of my own devising and feature the use of an Excel spreadsheet to handle the mechanics, calculations, and data recording. They may seem complex (which they may be) but in practical use they are fairly simple. There are some more details and examples on my website (see link below) although some of the examples may be slightly out of date.

https://veryverylittlewars.wordpress.com/the-rules/

They aren't for everyone, especially if you want a quick game, but do work for me.
David

dwkay57

An encounter battle between my Thebans (who now have all eleven Boiotarchs represented in some form) and my latest Roman legion.

Usual pictorial short report attached. For those who forgot to put the clocks back a more detailed (with more photographs) report is available on my website.
David

dwkay57

A chance to avoid remembering where the Christmas decorations were and which of the lights had failed bulbs.

My Herodian Jewish army in their first solo outing against a somewhat improbable Greek alliance and some awkward terrain.

Hopefully this comes over as a battle rather than a game report (as discussed elsewhere). Look forward to comments by the post match pundits!
Full slow motion action replays (i.e. more detailed report) on my website for those interested.
David