News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Save the Date: Society of Ancients Conference 2020: 31 October/1st November

Started by Richard Lockwood, November 28, 2019, 10:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionheartrjc

Quote from: Duncan Head on October 26, 2020, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: lionheartrjc on October 26, 2020, 11:48:40 AMOn contacting me, you will receive an email from Livestorm.  You will need to click on the link to register. 

I received two emails. Is one for Saturday or one for Sunday, or was that an error?

You will receive one email for each day.  I have corrected my earlier post to make it clearer.

Richard

aligern

Received the Mails, clicked as told, rehearsal tonight so will be finding out how it works  on Safari.

Roy

Imperial Dave

Needn't go to Africa to test it out Roy  ;D

Shared on Facebook and Twitter btw
Slingshot Editor

Prufrock

Great, links came through, so many thanks for that. Just a quick Q: can we use the links to watch the talks at our leisure as well, or only in real time?

lionheartrjc

After the session there will be an email sent  with a link to the recording.

Richard

Imperial Dave

brilliant, thanks Richard. If I cant make the sessions then at least I will be able to access them
Slingshot Editor

holdfast

Good Evening
We have now had a technical rehearsal and have decided to switch the platform to Zoom.
We tried both platforms and Zoom came out as more operator friendly to the SoA's IT finest.
Delicacy does not allow me to describe the sheer slickness of the technical rehearsal.
You will be sent the link for each of the two days once you have registered with Richard Jeffery-Cook.

The other announcement is that Matt Bennett's talk has expanded northwards and is retitled 'Norman Tactics' so as to include Hastings.

As at the moment something over 60 folk have registered for the two sessions, which means that we are reaching twice as many as we would have had at Madingley.
Please note also that we have allowed for a Question and Answer session, moderated by Richard Lockwood, at the end of each talk.

Best Regards
John Drewienkiewicz
SoA Hon Secretary

Martin Smith

Do we need / can we expect further e.mail invites for the Zoom session, or do we need to 'reapply' ?
Martin
u444

aligern

As I understand it, if you have registered for the Conference you will be sent details of how to join via Zoom.

Roy

Duncan Head

And the first session at 16:00 today coincides exactly with Boris' lockdown news conference!
Duncan Head

Baldie

Quote from: Duncan Head on October 31, 2020, 12:55:21 PM
And the first session at 16:00 today coincides exactly with Boris' lockdown news conference!

Good old Boris, listened to the masses and held on for the lectures.
Looking forward to tomorrow as wel.

Duncan Head

Quote from: Baldie on October 31, 2020, 07:26:49 PMGood old Boris, listened to the masses and held on for the lectures.

Yes, the SoA Conference is obviously more important than the Prime Minister. Or makes more sense, at any rate.

That (the Conference talks, that is) went very well indeed. Apart from my internet kicking me out, which fortunately was just after Simon had finished rather than in the middle of one of the sessions! Thanks to all concerned, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Duncan Head

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

I don't see the issue here, Dave.  You have all of Sunday to visit your local DIY store for locks and timber to barricade yourself in a quiet room this evening.

(Of course, afterwards herself might cut off more than just your internet, but let's handle these problems one at a time)

;D ;D ;D
Nick Harbud