News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Arthur's dykes

Started by Justin Swanton, December 28, 2019, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionheartrjc

In the 1990's I was involved in the milk quota system, merging the separate systems for England, Scotland and Wales into a single system.  We came across a number of duplicate entries.  Turned out farmers had been moving their herds across the border and claiming quota twice for the same cows.  Various farmers were prosecuted for fraud....

Jim Webster

Quote from: lionheartrjc on May 26, 2022, 06:53:35 PM
In the 1990's I was involved in the milk quota system, merging the separate systems for England, Scotland and Wales into a single system.  We came across a number of duplicate entries.  Turned out farmers had been moving their herds across the border and claiming quota twice for the same cows.  Various farmers were prosecuted for fraud....

Actually at least one person did it with entire farms. The map squares duplicate, so there are the OS squares over the UK, but there are identical squares with one digit different to the west and to the east of us.
One chap was claiming three farms, all identical but one was in the North Atlantic and the other in the North Sea  8)

Martin Smith

Quote from: Jim Webster on May 26, 2022, 09:05:06 PM
Quote from: lionheartrjc on May 26, 2022, 06:53:35 PM

Actually at least one person did it with entire farms. The map squares duplicate, so there are the OS squares over the UK, but there are identical squares with one digit different to the west and to the east of us.
One chap was claiming three farms, all identical but one was in the North Atlantic and the other in the North Sea  8)
Trout farms....I've heard of them....
Martin
u444

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor