News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Pict Army Lists?

Started by Anton, April 23, 2020, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

sorry, daft question....15mm?
Slingshot Editor

Anton

Oh yes 15mm.  Almost all of mine are the old and excellent Steve Shaw sculpts that QRF bought and subsequently sold on to an outfit in the USA.  QRF then made another Pict range of their own.  That's what I'll be getting.  The foot will be a good fit size wise not so the cavalry.

Imperial Dave

just checking  :)

I have committed to 10mm for mine and cant/wont be persuaded to go for 15mm (just yet)
Slingshot Editor

Anton

If I hadn't already got loads of 15mm Pendraken would be seeing some of my money.

Imperial Dave

there is time yet my Padawan friend......
Slingshot Editor

DougM

Quote from: Anton on April 26, 2020, 11:32:57 AM
Oh yes 15mm.  Almost all of mine are the old and excellent Steve Shaw sculpts that QRF bought and subsequently sold on to an outfit in the USA.  QRF then made another Pict range of their own.  That's what I'll be getting.  The foot will be a good fit size wise not so the cavalry.

I shall pass that comment on to Steve when we get together, hopefully, lockdown permitting, the end of June. I wonder if I can persuade him to start sculpting again?
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

DougM

Quote from: Holly on April 23, 2020, 12:56:16 PM
and what do we class as Picts anyway as a general query....non Romanised Northern British or even more culturally distinctive and 'further north' than the Firth

Which Firth? There are three on the East coast...  And very much culturally distinctive. Something of a pet subject as I live in what would be considered Pictish heartlands. Meigle etc are all less than 15 minutes away. One of the great things is that stones continue to be found, or in some cases rediscovered, so we can always hope for new information or clues.
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Imperial Dave

sorry Doug, meant Firth of Forth
Slingshot Editor

Anton

Please do so Doug.  I always thought very highly of Steve's work.  I have his Sikh War figures, loads of Irish, Scots and Welsh and the Flodden range too.  His work was very much ahead of its time in my opinion and it would be great if he ever decided to take it up again.