News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Ptolemaic Immo. Legions

Started by shaun holdsworth, July 22, 2020, 12:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark G

It's worth keeping an eye on the gaming shows for montverts.

I've picked up a few at good prices (comparable to the histoire et collections rather than osprey)

Non historical gamers are especially good to check as they never think to check the prices on the internet first!

I even managed to pick up the Justinian one with the author near by and offering to autograph it.

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Mark G on July 23, 2020, 01:42:07 PM

I even managed to pick up the Justinian one with the author near by and offering to autograph it.

and reduce the value of the book.....?!  ;D ;D ;D
Slingshot Editor

Mark G

That was part of the conversation, yes

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

DougM

Sadly, the only Montvert I have is (and here's a surprise), Sassanian Armies. Nicolle illustrated by McBride.
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Imperial Dave

I think I have all of them......I could sell them for a small fortune  :)
Slingshot Editor

DougM

Quote from: Holly on July 24, 2020, 08:12:20 AM
I think I have all of them......I could sell them for a small fortune  :)

Yep, a quick glance over some of my books suggests that in extremis there's a good few would raise decent sums. Fugol, various first editions etc. I'm only sad that in the turbulence of life, I didn't manage to hang on to my first and second libraries.
"Let the great gods Mithra and Ahura help us, when the swords are loudly clashing, when the nostrils of the horses are a tremble,...  when the strings of the bows are whistling and sending off sharp arrows."  http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Andreas Johansson

I think I have all of them......

How many are there? I've got Duncan's Achaemenid one, Karl Heinz Ranitzsch's Tang one, Nikonorov's Bactrian one, and Gorelik's Warriors of Eurasia; I'm aware of the two Hellenistic ones, the Justinianic one, and the Sassanid one. Any I've missed?
Lead Mountain 2024
Acquired: 120 infantry, 44 cavalry, 0 chariots, 12 other
Finished: 24 infantry, 0 cavalry, 0 chariots, 1 other

DougM

Quote from: DougM on July 24, 2020, 07:59:19 AM
Sadly, the only Montvert I have is (and here's a surprise), Sassanian Armies. Nicolle illustrated by McBride.

Actually, that's not true, I have the KHR Tang one as well. The rest mostly left me cold as never been that interested in Hellenistic armies or warfare. Hoplites are essentially dull, and Alexander's a very unappealing character, as are most of his successors.   

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Andreas Johansson on July 24, 2020, 12:54:33 PM
I think I have all of them......

How many are there? I've got Duncan's Achaemenid one, Karl Heinz Ranitzsch's Tang one, Nikonorov's Bactrian one, and Gorelik's Warriors of Eurasia; I'm aware of the two Hellenistic ones, the Justinianic one, and the Sassanid one. Any I've missed?

well thats all the ones I have so if there are more I have missed out lol
Slingshot Editor