News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Egypt tells Elon Musk its pyramids were not built by aliens

Started by Imperial Dave, August 02, 2020, 02:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Isn't it funny how Elon keeps making these incautious slips which get him into the news. ::)

Jim Webster

Given the way the economy of Egypt depends on tourism, I'd wonder whether there isn't more to this story than we know.
But then cynicism was always the entry qualification for agriculture  ;)

Baldie

If only the aliens had put ad much time and effort into giving us clear concise evidence they built them as they did in the actual building things would be easier.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

Elon Musk is a curious mix of pragmatic realist and wild fantasist. (he comes from SA so I'm allowed to talk authoritatively about him  ;) ). He has a hard business head evidenced by the success of Tesla and SpaceX, but then he talks seriously about creating a million-man Mars colony. He also has the notion we are all part of a simulation programme created by aliens.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Chuck the Grey

I think that a million person Martian colony is closer to reality than aliens building pyramids. Perhaps he spent to much time in the hot SA sun without a hat.  ;)

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Chuck the Grey on August 03, 2020, 03:07:50 AM
I think that a million person Martian colony is closer to reality than aliens building pyramids.  ;)

I'm with Erich on this one  ;D
Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

Quote from: Holly on August 03, 2020, 08:57:37 AM
Quote from: Chuck the Grey on August 03, 2020, 03:07:50 AM
I think that a million person Martian colony is closer to reality than aliens building pyramids.  ;)

I'm with Erich on this one  ;D

Meself I would hold that aliens building the pyramids is more likely. I had a look at the cost of sending a single manned mission to Mars. Nothing under a trillion dollars. And that's for one brief visit. Who would pay for a huge permanent colony? I've no idea why Musk talks about it. SpaceX exists only because NASA and private telecommunications companies fund it, and there's no way either could or would want to foot the absolutely astronomical bill for settling humans on Mars.

But we're now way off the scope of the forum so I'll stop there.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Mark G

We need a link to that old printer advert, where the mars river camera scans a desolate landscape held up by parrying aliens trying to make sure the humans don't get to see what fun is to be had behind the photos they are printing out

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor