News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

"Augmented Vocality: Recomposing the Sounds of Early Irish and Old Norse"

Started by Duncan Head, August 12, 2020, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

I think you are approaching it from too historical a view.  This is a cultural project.  A lot of the straight historical archaeological stuff is already known, as the article says, but no-one has turned it into popularly accessible performance.  It might be interesting to compare "straight" reconstructions with whatever "artistic" interpretations it generates.

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on August 13, 2020, 08:59:53 AM
I think you are approaching it from too historical a view.  This is a cultural project.  A lot of the straight historical archaeological stuff is already known, as the article says, but no-one has turned it into popularly accessible performance.  It might be interesting to compare "straight" reconstructions with whatever "artistic" interpretations it generates.

I'm offended, it's cultural appropriation, I demand they stop making a mockery of my culture

oh yes,  ;D

Erpingham

I thought you were Cumbrian, which is a form of North British? 

Jim Webster

Quote from: Erpingham on August 14, 2020, 08:00:34 PM
I thought you were Cumbrian, which is a form of North British?

Not really, most of our dialect words are probably Norse. There isn't much of the Cymri left in Cumbria