News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Desperately seeking myself

Started by Baldie, November 12, 2020, 04:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Mason

He's a 'glass half-full' person. He's also the umpire so he wins
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

David Mason

Quote from: Baldie on November 14, 2020, 09:55:54 AM
Quote from: Holly on November 14, 2020, 09:44:09 AM
well if you have the space and a C in C who is willing to let things stay out a while.....

I dont have the vast wargaming dungeon or palatial wargaming den built in the grounds but did feel very lucky to be given one of the small bedrooms to turn into my painting room.

Space for books, paints, wargaming detritus and can fit in a DBA table when needed.

"It is your room, you can do what you want with it"

Turns out that was code for. It will be decorated in an agreed manner, you need to keep an area free for taking pictures of fabric that she buys/ sells and uses to make pet beds to sell. The curtains will be made for you in a style and design specified as they can be seen from outside, I did rather fancy some action man curtains from my youth. Now of course as I am lucky enough to be able to work from home my desk also went in. Still at least I dont have to paint on the dining table anymore.

When that lottery win comes in she has been warned there will be a small residential area built in the grounds of the wargaming den.

Reminds me of an advert I saw for a Harley. It read @ Apparently my wife saying "you can buy anything you f###ing want" didn't mean what I though it meant
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Imperial Dave

I lost the big wargaming room to my wife so have by default colonised the spare bedroom for nefarious uses
Slingshot Editor