News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Great Pyramid: Lost Egyptian artefact found in Aberdeen cigar box

Started by Imperial Dave, December 16, 2020, 09:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck the Grey

The use of hieroglyphics may add clarity to the rules. OK, me bad. I'll leave now. :-[

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Chuck the Grey on December 23, 2020, 02:54:05 AM
The use of hieroglyphics may add clarity to the rules. OK, me bad. I'll leave now. :-[

actually not a bad shout......a kind of Rosetta stone for Barkerese  ;D
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Holly on December 23, 2020, 08:21:25 AM

Ah, but this fundamentally misunderstands Barkerese.  It's not that we can't decipher it, it's just when we do, the words don't seem to make sense.  It is therefore more like the prophecies of Nostradamus.  Some, indeed, believe that DBA 2.0 predicted the pandemic, if only we'd read it correctly :)

Imperial Dave

Quote from: Erpingham on December 23, 2020, 10:18:15 AM

Ah, but this fundamentally misunderstands Barkerese.  It's not that we can't decipher it, it's just when we do, the words don't seem to make sense.  It is therefore more like the prophecies of Nostradamus.  Some, indeed, believe that DBA 2.0 predicted the pandemic, if only we'd read it correctly :)

I nearly spat my tea out at that....
Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Holly on December 23, 2020, 12:11:01 PM
Quote from: Erpingham on December 23, 2020, 10:18:15 AM

I nearly spat my tea out at that....

Yeah, I thought Anthony's comment brilliant too and spot on.