News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Tactica 2 Hittites v New Kingdom Egyptians

Started by simonw, July 01, 2022, 06:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonw

Last Monday we reverted from Successors to Biblicals and I got out my New Kingdom Egyptians and Hittites for the first of 3 games ove the next few weeks.

Victory for Hatti!  (1 - nil)

Gavinfusillis starred on the Hittites left flank where the heavier Hittite chariotry were massed, despite some highly innovative chariot tactics by the promising young Samhotep under the sagacious guidance of Pharaoh Hughthmosis. Grahamwattallis and Billhopet bashed out manfully on the other flank where the Egyptian Foot Guards starred impressively against the massed Militia Grade Hittite Light Infantry opposing them. In response to Gordonsilis' chastisement, the Hittite Militia Grade Foot performed stoically to beat back the Egyptian infantry attack in the centre.
Good game. We tried out a couple of Arty Conliffe's latest draft rules amendments by allowing the Light Chariots to Interpenetrate and to Disengage from Melee with slower enemy. There was one instance  of each occurring in the game; one successful for the instigator and the other not.

A good fun game as usual.

Cheers
Simon

simonw

The  Hittite Commanders had a 'younger look' about them!

dwkay57

Did access to the alcohol trolley affect the result?
I guess not given the degree of concentration on all the commanders' faces.
David

Erpingham

Quote from: dwkay57 on July 03, 2022, 08:54:29 AM
Did access to the alcohol trolley affect the result?
I guess not given the degree of concentration on all the commanders' faces.

Simon has cunningly placed the commander too young to drink in front of the drinks, to keep everyone honest :)

simonw

The drinks cabinet is pretty safe as the older generals are drivers as well. On special occasions, a small glass of Port will be partaken of by attendees.
:)

simonw

Apologies that I have no photos as I was too busy playing but a great fun game on Monday night:

'Mighty Pharaoh' Grahamasses 1 and I, Vizier Simonotep, valiantly resisted the Hittite aggressors (i.e. 'drew' the battle) with our army  against that of the Hatti under the Generals Hughsilis and Billawatallis last night. Excellent game. Lots of fun all round.

Billawatallis was up to his usual tricks of never, ever failing any Control Tests at all (or so it seemed from the Egyptian perspective). The Hittite 'mercenary' Sea Peoples warband were seemingly inspired by the presence of their General but did succumb eventually to the Flank Attack of the excellent Egyptian Line Archers.

Simonotep's use of the 2CH Interpenetration and 'Disengagement' rules was a tactical masterclass (at least according to Simonotep's scribe) and was an integral part of Pharaoh Grahamasses' 'genius' battleplan. Simonotep's 12 2CH were faced by the bulk of the heavier Hittite 2CH(I) (18 in number) and ultimately proved victorious on that wing for the loss of only 4 2CH. However, Hughsilis was most gratified (and rescued) by the Hittite ability to 'snatch a draw' at the end by destroying two Egyptian Heavy Spearmen units in the centre by Missile Fire from the vast array of Hittite Militia Grade Massed Light Infantry and few Libyan skirmishers wielding fire-hardened 'pointy sticks'!

dwkay57

But who owns up to reversing their chariot into the monolith on the Egyptian side though?
David

simonw

The monoliths are 'Initiative' markers. The side that has the Initiative that turn has its monolith upright as an 'aide-memoire'. In Tactica 2, there is a d6 dice roll at the start of each Turn to determine which side has the choice of whether to move first or not. The loser of the previous Turn's roll adds +2 to its dice roll the next Turn and if it still fails, it gets +4 the following Turn following that and if it fails that one, then it automatically receives the Initiative the following Turn.

simonw

dwkay57

That's a cunning use of an artefact young Simon. Like the photos - I'd forgotten how impressive a mass of 25mms looked on the battlefield.
David

simonw