News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

20th-22nd October 2023 - NEW DATE for the Society Convention (Conference)

Started by Richard Lockwood, March 15, 2023, 01:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Lockwood

The Society Convention (the event formerly known as the Conference) is now taking place a week earlier than previously advertised.
Due to the venue forgetting to enter my booking, we have been forced to move the dates.
The new dates are Friday 20th October to Sunday 22nd October 2023.

Ian61

Should still be OK for me. Biggest loss is that extra hour of sleep!
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Dave Knight

Do we have a start time on Friday and a finish time on Sunday?  I hope to make it this year but travelling down from Falkirk takes a bit of planning.

Nick Harbud

Coming from your part of the world, my suggestion is to catch a train to Huntingdon.  Travel time is something over 5 hours.  We can probably arrange for some kind soul to ferry you from Huntingdon to the venue.

We look forward to seeing you there.
Nick Harbud

Dave Knight

Quote from: Nick Harbud on April 20, 2023, 08:51:32 AMComing from your part of the world, my suggestion is to catch a train to Huntingdon.  Travel time is something over 5 hours.  We can probably arrange for some kind soul to ferry you from Huntingdon to the venue.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks Nick.  I had thought to get the train to Cambridge and did not realise that Huntingdon is closer.

Nick Harbud

Nick Harbud

Dave Knight

Booked.  Looking forward to my first experience of massed members 8)

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Ian61

Quote from: Dave Knight on May 01, 2023, 10:18:50 AMBooked.  Looking forward to my first experience of massed members 8)

I won't be in the running for the most distant attendee this year then! :) Look forward to meeting you.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

holdfast

Nick Harbud

Quote from: Ian61 on May 02, 2023, 09:07:21 AMI won't be in the running for the most distant attendee this year then! :)

Whilst welcoming Dave Knight, he may have chosen the wrong year to win the prize for most distant attendee.  I was recently contacted by one of our Australian members who advised his intention to come along.

Steve, you have no excuse...  ;)
Nick Harbud

Agrippa

CarlL

Cantabrigian

Quote from: Dave Knight on April 20, 2023, 10:26:22 AMThanks Nick.  I had thought to get the train to Cambridge and did not realise that Huntingdon is closer.
Cambridge station is much closer, but there's no good bus route for Madingly Hall, and Cambridge taxis are very expensive.  Cambridge North station is also an option, but no closer timewise than Huntingdon.

Madingly Hall is lovely, but you really do need a car to get the last bit.  Well, unless like me you can cycle...

Dave Knight

At what time should I am to arrive on the 20th?  I am about to book my train tickets