News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

20th-22nd October 2023 - NEW DATE for the Society Convention (Conference)

Started by Richard Lockwood, March 15, 2023, 01:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keraunos

Quote from: Cantabrigian on September 05, 2023, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: Dave Knight on April 20, 2023, 10:26:22 AMThanks Nick.  I had thought to get the train to Cambridge and did not realise that Huntingdon is closer.
Cambridge station is much closer, but there's no good bus route for Madingly Hall, and Cambridge taxis are very expensive.  Cambridge North station is also an option, but no closer timewise than Huntingdon.

Madingly Hall is lovely, but you really do need a car to get the last bit.  Well, unless like me you can cycle...

Is there plenty of parking at Madingly Hall or is train plus taxi the best option?

Duncan Head

Duncan Head

Dave Knight

Sorry to repeat my question but it would be very useful to know the best time to arrive so I can book the right train.

The internet suggests that the taxi fare from Cambridge station is £17 which won't break the bank.

Ian61

We come a good distance and have probably been a bit too early last couple of years. I would suggest late afternoon 5ish should be fine.
Ian Piper
Norton Fitzwarren, Somerset

Richard Lockwood

Apologies for a long term absence, but finally I am here I am with some updates.

Dave Knight asked about arriving on Friday - typically we gather in the bar from an appropriate time, and go for dinner around 7pm-7:30pm. Some people prefer to arrive from any time after lunch onwards, others just aim to arrive a little before dinner. After dinner we plan to play a few games.

I am speaking to the venue this week to confirm timings, after which I hope to have the Convention Programme ready to go.

A last minute plea for more games - we remain a few short so please step lively!
Contact me on convention@soa.org.uk

Also - there is still room for people to attend - you know you want to...

Finally, it is great to see several members attending for the first time, as well as the "stalwarts" returning for another go...looking forward to seeing you all there.

Richard