News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

MeG Pacto Campaign Weekend

Started by lionheartrjc, March 25, 2024, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionheartrjc

This event was held last weekend at Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry (an excellent wargaming venue).  I was only able to attend the event on the Saturday as I was attending the Society of Ancients Battleday (another excellent event) on the Sunday.

I feel it is worth mentioning here because it is the type of event that I would hope we would see more of in the future.  The event had two different campaigns running.  The first was a Greek City State campaign in which players could get elected tyrant and involved a naval element and other actions (such as burning down the granaries) as well as fighting battles!

The second campaign (which I took part in) was based upon the Salt War (or War of Ferrara) of 1482.  This involved moving various armies on a hex map to take cities and fighting battles.  The results from one battle affecting the available troops in the later battles.

Mortem et Gloriam Pacto is the version that is quickest to play and uses the least models, which makes it ideally suited for this type of event.  Congratulations to Adrian and Simon for organising this event which attracted 12 players.

Pictures of the event have been posted on the MeG Facebook Group.

I am hoping we can run something similar at Colours this year and also (possibly linking to the Rome Total War board game) at Warfare.