News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Salute 51

Started by Imperial Dave, March 27, 2024, 09:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperial Dave

Having swallowed the bitter pill of not being able to attend Battleday, I thought I might tempt fate and see if I can get down to Salute 51 next month

The good news is that I could do this one on the train, almost door to door

Slingshot Editor

lionheartrjc

Sorry not to see you at the Battleday. 

I will be present with the Society of Ancients stand.  We will be selling our new publication Alala! (Greek Hoplite Rules from Simon MacDowall) along with our usual selection of goodies.

There will also be a demo game, using Impetus 2 I believe, from the Society of Ancients demonstration team (The Dead Arrows!).

Richard

Imperial Dave

The Dead Arrows..... ;D
Slingshot Editor

Keraunos

My son has just bought tickets for Salute 51.  I hope to be there to join him and, if so, will drop by.

Imperial Dave

I have also tempted fate and bought venue and train tickets.....
Slingshot Editor

Dave Knight

Enjoy.  I will have to get down again sometime.  On my one visit, about 10 years ago,  I found the scale of it almost overwhelming

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Quote from: Imperial Dave on March 28, 2024, 12:24:48 PMI have also tempted fate and bought venue and train tickets.....

Steady on!  Has everyone recovered from the Battle Day misfortunes yet?  I can see them exclaiming words like "Oh no!  Holly is going to another wargames event!" and diving for cover already.

:P
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

You can go off some people..... ::)
Slingshot Editor

Imperial Dave

It will be bedlam I am sure. Looking forward to it

Whatever the scale  :)
Slingshot Editor

Imperial Dave

well, I seem to be on the train and on my way to Salute....so far so good
Slingshot Editor

Denis Grey

Quote from: Imperial Dave on April 13, 2024, 06:15:53 AMwell, I seem to be on the train and on my way to Salute....so far so good

Enjoy yourself.  (If you haven't already spotted this, large stretches of the DLR - which is how I generally get there - are out of commission this weekend.)

Imperial Dave

The Eagle has landed....

Show is very busy thus far and Richard is looking keen and raringto go on the society stand  :)
Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Watch out for Bob Cordery, who is apparently motoring around on borrowed mobility scooter.  Crowded Salute, inexperienced driver.  What could go wrong  ::) Actually, Bob's been struggling health wise and it looked like he wasn't going to make Salute and the Warlords stepped up and sorted the mobility stuff, which was very decent of them.