News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Meriotic Kushiite in 28mm

Started by Tradgardmastre, June 18, 2024, 06:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tradgardmastre

I wonder what figures people are using to make this army in 28mm?

Aetius-last-of-the-Romans

I think that some of the 28mm Nubian ranges from Foundry/Casting Room  would work well. The Casting Room ones have the correct hair and also have the later loincloth with the decorative cloth strip at the front.
NB: You might want to change some of the shields for the spearmen as I think Caesar talks about very large rectangular shields (if memory serves me).
https://castingroomminiatures.com/collections/nubians

Aetius-last-of-the-Romans

Your big challenge will be the cavalry - which is where the Essex Miniatures classical Indian might come in handy, with a bit of conversion.
Likewise, I'd look at some of various 28mm Sudan Colonial ranges (Ansar cavalry) - again with a spot of conversion you can probably produce the right sort of Kushite cavalry (a few head swops etc) - but thankfully you shouldn't need many of these  ;D

dwkay57

I am hoping to do these in 6mm - so head swapping is out ;D
Looking across the ranges available, I had Egyptians, Indians, Numidians, and even Zulus in mind
David

Imperial Dave

Quote from: dwkay57 on July 02, 2024, 08:37:01 AMI am hoping to do these in 6mm - so head swapping is out ;D

Coward! Hand back your OBE!

;D
Slingshot Editor