News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Locris vs Malis : the 'Alala!' version

Started by Keraunos, June 20, 2024, 03:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keraunos

Further to the quick report in the What was the Last Battle you fought pages, I have now posted a full report with some further comments on experience with the 'Alala!' rules.  I am really enjoying them as a game that that captures my sense of what was possible for a general commanding citizen levies to do if able to get his men onto the battlefield in reasonable order, balancing chance events and outcomes with the general's choices in a satisfying way.

The report is here.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Justin Swanton

I'm thoroughly ashamed - I've looked at your blog for the first time. Thanks for the mention in your first post. :) How is that app doing BTW?

Keraunos

Quote from: Justin Swanton on June 21, 2024, 02:24:52 PMI'm thoroughly ashamed - I've looked at your blog for the first time. Thanks for the mention in your first post. :) How is that app doing BTW?

The app is sitting in my pile of 'I really ought to get these finished' projects.  When circumstances gave me little space or time to paint or meet friends to fight battles it was a project that could easily be pottered around with.  In my present circumstances of a relative wealth of opponents and room to get out figures to paint or repaint it has moved off the front burner.  Next year?

Imperial Dave

Its good to have rotation of stuff though I find...?
Slingshot Editor

Keraunos

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Imperial Dave on June 22, 2024, 05:42:49 AMIts good to have rotation of stuff though I find...?
Variety is what greases the cogs of productivity.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Imperial Dave on June 22, 2024, 06:59:30 PMOr what passes laughly off as my mind
Anyone managing to pull off what you have done with Slingshot is solid.

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Imperial Dave on June 22, 2024, 09:40:13 PMI thank you kind sir

Wibble
OK.  I thought I had a handle on "wibble" but clearly there is much contextual nuance that eludes me.

Keraunos

Quote from: Jon Freitag on June 22, 2024, 11:08:23 PMOK.  I thought I had a handle on "wibble" but clearly there is much contextual nuance that eludes me.

It is Welsh, so hard for us mortals to grasp!  As you can see from another thread, wibbling can contribute to magnificent model building!

Imperial Dave

It is an oblique way if saying thanks even if I am slightly mad

;D
Slingshot Editor