News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Still Sumer Time!

Started by Jon Freitag, July 08, 2024, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Freitag

Back to the Sumerian battlefield once again.  In this encounter, the same armies face off as in the earlier clash (Sumer Time) but this time, with a whole new cast of four players.  In today's fight, fought 02 July, Mark and Chris take command of the Blue Army (blue and black dice) while David and Tony pick up the reins to the Red Army (red and green dice).  Player commands are distributed as shown on the battle map below:

Let's drop right into the action to see how Tuesday's battle unfolded.

As the battle opens, both armies advance to close the distance to bring themselves within missile range.  With skirmishers screening both battle lines, missile fire is ineffective.  Tony leads his red battle car up on the right plugging the gap between his bowmen while David holds back both green and lugal battle cars.  Dust cloud trailing Tony's car shows that it is in motion.  Both armies anchor their lines upon the rocks on one flank and the oasis on the other.

To read the complete battle report, please visit, Still Sumer Time!

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Jim Webster

Forgive me but I must have missed what rules you're using
Jim

Jon Freitag

Jim, game utilized Basic Impetvs played on a hex grid.

Jim Webster

That's a good idea, I always felt that Basic Impetus was an underused system

Jon Freitag

Quote from: Jim Webster on July 09, 2024, 07:38:19 AMThat's a good idea, I always felt that Basic Impetus was an underused system
Basic Impetvs (or Impetvs) seems underused to me too.  Why is that? To me, the core mechanisms are easy to grasp and provide a satisfying, dynamic, and interesting contest.   

Jim Webster

Quote from: Jon Freitag on July 09, 2024, 02:10:45 PM
Quote from: Jim Webster on July 09, 2024, 07:38:19 AMThat's a good idea, I always felt that Basic Impetus was an underused system
Basic Impetvs (or Impetvs) seems underused to me too.  Why is that? To me, the core mechanisms are easy to grasp and provide a satisfying, dynamic, and interesting contest.   

I'll agree with that  8)