News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Huge amount of prehistoric burial mounds found

Started by Imperial Dave, October 16, 2024, 11:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Harbud

Are you sure about this?  I mean my back lawn looks much like these scans, but I am pretty certain the mounds are not prehistoric burials but simply over-active moles....

???
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Nick Harbud on October 19, 2024, 12:27:45 PMI am pretty certain the mounds are not prehistoric burials but simply over-active moles....

You mean its all a terrible miscalculation of scale? Or you have giant moles in your garden?

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Nick Harbud

Quote from: Erpingham on October 19, 2024, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: Nick Harbud on October 19, 2024, 12:27:45 PMI am pretty certain the mounds are not prehistoric burials but simply over-active moles....

You mean its all a terrible miscalculation of scale? Or you have giant moles in your garden?

Unfortunately, the moles do all their business at night when not only is it pitch black outside, but I am trying to get some beauty sleep.  According to my wife, the creatures are extremely fat from dining on the choice worms to be found underneath the lawn.  I have no definitive evidence on size one way or the other.  However, their mounds are certainly very large and take an inordinate amount of effort to flatten with a roller in order to restore the lawn to its billiard table consistency.
Nick Harbud

Jim Webster

Quote from: Nick Harbud on October 20, 2024, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: Erpingham on October 19, 2024, 06:02:13 PM

Unfortunately, the moles do all their business at night when not only is it pitch black outside, but I am trying to get some beauty sleep.  According to my wife, the creatures are extremely fat from dining on the choice worms to be found underneath the lawn.  I have no definitive evidence on size one way or the other.  However, their mounds are certainly very large and take an inordinate amount of effort to flatten with a roller in order to restore the lawn to its billiard table consistency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtyHkT65dEs

Jasper Carrot has a solution