News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

Wessex Hobbies & Games - Games Day 12th May

Started by Nick Harbud, April 21, 2024, 10:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Harbud

Alun Mackrill, a member of the Society, but not of this Forum, has asked me to let you know about this event that is taking place between 10:30 and 18:00 at

Newnham Clubroom
Newnham Road
Newnham RG27 9AE

This is on the western side of Hook, Hampshire for those who cannot be bothered to look it up.  Anyone interested in booking a table should go to the website.

An optional donation of £5 for game participants and £3 for other attendees is requested to offset event costs.
Nick Harbud

Erpingham

Quote from: Nick Harbud on April 21, 2024, 10:39:18 AMThis is on the western side of Hook, Hampshire for those who cannot be bothered to look it up. 

Which assumes you know where Hook is without looking it up  :)

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Erpingham

Quote from: Imperial Dave on April 21, 2024, 11:08:02 AMHampshire  :)

A surprisingly large county.  I looked it up - its between Basingstoke and Farnborough.  If coming from Wales, down the M4, turn right at Reading.

Nick Harbud

Not as large as Yorkshire.

Incidentally, the venue is approximately 1 mile from Hook railway station.

8)
Nick Harbud

Imperial Dave

Slingshot Editor

Dave Knight

Nick Harbud

Nope.  I suggested to the organisers that it might be worthwhile listing games already booked on the event website.
Nick Harbud

Martin Smith

Indeed.
I followed the link, but found very little info of any substance.
ie No clue as to whether this is a 'show' style event, wargaming only (an expanded club night) or plus eg 'Magic the gathering' and Monopoly, or whatever...
And as it's only 15 miles from home it might hold some interest. But it's all very, very vague.
Martin
u444

Nick Harbud

Well yes, what you see is pretty much all you get.  One imagines that the flavour of the event might depend to a large extent upon who decides to put on a game.

FWIW, the organiser participated in the Mantinea Battle Day last year in Newbury.
Nick Harbud