News:

Welcome to the SoA Forum.  You are welcome to browse through and contribute to the Forums listed below.

Main Menu

The Invader Foiled

Started by Old Guy, March 29, 2015, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Guy

I managed a large War & Conquest game yesterday, the first for a while, and had a thoroughly good afternoon's entertainment. I have not played a lot and neither has my friend but we got through the day as the rule book is one of the few which is player friendly and we quickly  managed to sort out any puzzles.

I wanted to hit his right while holding in the centre and refusing my right, if he was cautious then I would go all out on the left as I had my Comitatus troops and Welsh mercenaries there, he obliged me by coming right at me in a vicious assault however, but my shieldwall and uphill position turned him back.

More pictures and a full report here : http://musingswargameslife.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-invader-brought-low.html
Visit my site or blog at:
www.combatcartography.co.uk
www.musingswargameslife.blogspot.co.uk

Mark G

Patrick Waterson

Nice battle - and one in which seizing the high ground actually carried the day!

Well done the Brits - against a tough and tenacious opponent.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Chris

Fine looking field of battle and fun fight between fantastic-looking figures.

Thanks for posting.

Chris